It’s Friday! (And there was much rejoicing.)
Time once again for my Friday Five. (Yes, I know that name is overused, but I couldn’t think of anything better.)
1. Japanese IQ test. Not sure if it was really used in Japan, but it is a puzzler. It took me a couple of tries before I finally figured it out. But I love brain quizzes.
2. Movies in 15 Minutes. Don’t have time (or money… and who does, in this economy) to see the latest movie? Don’t worry! Cleolinda offers hilarious recaps of the biggest blockbusters. Although… they are funnier if you have seen the movie and/or read the books, in the case of her Harry Potter parodies.
3. The Faeries’ Oracle Interactive Tarot Deck. This online deck offers both single-card and three-card spread readings. But the real reason I like this site is because the artwork is by Brian Froud, the conceptual artist of The Dark Crystal and my favorite movie of all time, Labyrinth.
4. Newseum. A collection of newspaper front pages from around the world.
5. “Do You Want to Date My Avatar.” This is a music video starring Felicia Day (“Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”) with music by Jed Whedon was created to promote season 3 of “The Guild,” a Web series written by Day about online gaming. I haven’t seen all the episodes yet, but what I have seen is hilarious! And the song is catchy. I’ve been singing it in my head since I first heard it. 🙂