Yesterday, I set down some goals I’d like to accomplish in 2011. Today, I thought I’d look back at 2010.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’ve never done before?
Visited a Catholic Church.
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more?
I made 10 last year. I think I kept about four. This year, I’ve set goals, rather than make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Looking forward to that this year though.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Good health, both physical and mental.
7. What date from 2010 will be etched on your memory?
October 30. I got to see my cousin get married!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new “job.” Or, I guess I should say “position” since I’m still at the same place. But I’m really liking it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping up with my writing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. Still am suffering illness. I keep putting off going to the doctor…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
So many choices! New laptop, Kindle, iPod… but I guess my best purchase was the plane ticket to Australia.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
What an… odd question. One I don’t really know how to answer.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Members of dad’s extended family. And the general public.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really really excited about?
Australia! (I sense a theme…)
16. What song will remind you of 2010?
“Game On!” by the Guild
17. Compared to this time last year are you: happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter?
About the same on all fronts I guess.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will/did you spend Christmas?
At home, with the parents. Quiet, snowy day. Also, watched “Spartacus: Blood and Sand.” Perfect Christmas series. *cough*
21. How will/did you spend New Years?
Chasing my nephew around the house. Also, celebrating Mom’s birthday.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I have to pick one?? Um… Think I’ll go with “Doctor Who.” Or “Castle.” Or “The Big Bang Theory.” Don’t make me choose!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. Pretty much hate the same people I did last year.
26. What was the best book you read this year?
Peony in Love by Lisa See
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Gaga. Don’t judge.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of the year?
Since I only saw four films in theaters this year, I will have to go with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.
31. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 34. I was on my last day of vacation. Did a little shopping. Went to Cracker Barrel to eat.
32. What’s one thing that would’ve made your year more satisfying?
Getting a pay raise.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
34. What kept you sane?
Planning an overseas trip. Of course, it also made me a bit insane.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.
37. Who did you miss?
My brother. Always miss him even though I do get to see him occasionally.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I’m… not sure I met any new people. My cousin’s new husband’s sister is pretty cool though.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Something has changed within me
Something is not the same.
I’m through with playing by the rules of someone else’s game.
Too late for second guessing.
Too late to go back to sleep.
It’s time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap…
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Never get your hopes up.